Listen to the Marriage and Martinis Podcast and don't forget to Rate & Review!
5. “If Something You Want Doesn’t Exist, Create It”
On this coming Monday’s episode, Adam and I are talking all about the podcast behind-the-scenes. We’re answering why and how we started the podcast, how we feel about our family and friends knowing the details of our sex life and biggest screw ups, what our parents really think, and how being a podcaster has changed how we view ourselves. If you have an idea in the back of your mind for a business or creative venture you’ve always wanted to try but can’t quite take the leap, this is an episode you do not want to miss.
4. Still Thinking About My Miscarriage Fourteen Years Later….And That’s Ok
Our episode last week about pregnancy loss really was cathartic for me. Since my miscarriage was in my first trimester, I didn’t really think I had the right to mourn for very long. As I said in the episode, I miscarried in the morning, and it felt like by evening everyone was just back to talking about what to watch on television. As women, we bear so much invisible grief and hardship. It’s so important for our partners to understand this no matter this. It was as important to me that Adam be a part of this episode, because for years I have wanted him to understand this missing part of me I still feel even after all this time. A few things to know about pregnancy loss:
Most miscarriages are no one’s fault and no one could have prevented it.
A chemical pregnancy is a miscarriage that happens before the fifth week of pregnancy. The embryo implants in your uterus but it never takes hold.
Around one in four pregnancies end is miscarriage, around 11 in 1,000 are ectopic.
The rate of miscarriage greatly reduces in the second trimester.
3. We Stand With Asian Americans….here are some ways we can all help!
Check in on your Asian American friends and let them know you have their backs. Even if they’re not talking or posting about it doesn’t mean it’s not consuming them. Words and acts of support and solidarity mean so much.
Follow these instagram accounts for updates and information:
Support your local and online Asian-owned businesses. There are some great lists below:
2) Fun cocktail for your weekend!
Check out this video from Cocktail Chemistry for a fun take on Baby Yoda! And it's green, so it's perfect for your St. Patty's Day (Weekend celebration). 🍸
1) DATE NIGHT QUESTIONS:
Corresponding to this coming Monday’s episode, “There’s Still Time, A Behind The Scenes Look At The Podcast” *To ask your partner and vice versa. They also are great for a zoom girls’ night or double date. These are meant to spark meaningful conversation and communication, so please try to listen, inhale, exhale, and discuss. *THIS IS A SHAME-FREE ZONE*
1. What was your real wish when you were younger of what you wanted to be when you grew up? What did you dream of being?
2. In what ways have you reached your goals in your dreams/career/lifestyle. What dreams do you still have, no matter how far-reaching they seem?
3. If someone gave you all the resources right now and said, “I will invest for you to start any kind of business or pursue any creative project you want,” what would it be? Be as specific as possible. What is it about that particular endeavor that means so much to you?
4. What people do you look to as inspiration and goals in terms of success and inspiration? (could be people IRL, celebrities, family members, dead, alive….anyone).
5. If the two of us were to start a business or work on a creative project together, what type of business do you think that would be? What would make sense for us and what would both of our roles be?
6. Are there any dreams, goals, creative endeavors you have in the back of your mind that you still really want to pursue but have never told me or anyone about? If so, what are they and how could I help maybe turn those into a reality at some point?
7. If you were going to start a podcast, what would it be about? What would the title be? Would you have a co-host? If so, whom do you think it would be? Who would your dream guests be and why?
For more prompts and questions for open and honest communication, plus bonding challenges and strategies for discussion, get our Date Night Questions Experience ebook.